Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Rube Goldberg homebuilder survey salvaged recovered repurposed materials

DIY recumbent home builder/mechanics are a resourceful breed. Almost uniformly, our efforts are based on taking an existing bike frame or two and bodging it/them together with parts from other bikes and creating something new. I've seen a lots of exciting projects made from trash day recovered kid's bikes. But I want to know what are the best non-bike parts you have repurposed for your ride?
We will have two categories:
Best non-bike item you bought for use on your ride
Best non-bike bit trash picked or repurposed from within your home or workshop.
Please share your eureka items and comment on posted bits.

Thanks should be fun to see our results. I have to believe my best trash pick find of a non-bike item is the Suzuki motorcycle windshield. It's going to be the fairing on my BikeE. My best store bought non-bike item is probably the plastic storage bin that fits between the rear wheels on my eldest's Worksman Trifecta

No comments:

Post a Comment