Tuesday, April 23, 2013

the master and apprentice

My wife's Facebook photo and caption of this evening's efforts.

Finally, an update on the "Tank Trike" AKA the "Lowrider"

This has turned into a much bigger project than I ever imaged!   I replaced the whole rear end with a kids suspension bike frame with a 6 speed cluster and a proper brake setup.  Then I decided the whole thing now rode way too close to the ground.  I replaced the spindles to be able to install the 20" custom wheels off the old trike.  This gave us a lot more ground clearance and hopefully easier rolling.  I need to install the new tie-rods, and provide a shifter and brake lever. Hopefully, we will have our first test ride this weekend!